Achievement Guide and Roadmap

-This guide is a cumulative work of KillerBEA & Gareth Dent

-This guide is written and created for the sole purpose of x360a; if you want to put this information on another site then please ask first.

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10

-Offline: 9/12 ; 150/200

-Online: 3/12 ; 50/200

-Approximate amount of time to 200: 30-40 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 200+ duels , 2 or more tournaments

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

-Glitchy achievements: None

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed? No

Introduction: Welcome to Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade Duels; this game has 12 achievements for 200 points and should take at least 40 hours to finish. This game has a bit of a learning curve as the AI is pretty smart and has fairly powerful cards. You are going to need to bring your A game if you want a chance of winning.

Step 1: Starting out

The AI in this game very smart and will probably whip you a few times before you win. Regardless if you win or lose you will get at least 1 card for you efforts. It could be bad or could be awesome. If you want take that consolation prize and edit your deck for an achievement. Keep playing and you will eventually learn each opponents weakness (Trust me each opponent has a serious flaw in their strategy) and you will start winning and unlocking better and better cards. This step fades into step 2 when you start winning.

In this step you will get:

• To become a duelist
  • You have talent
  • Becoming a special duelist

Step 2: Play through the preliminary and knockout tournament.

You will need to playthrough the preliminary tournament scoring the most points to advance to the knockout tournament. The knockout tournament is bracket style with 8 contestants; the final opponent being Jack the first time and Yusei the second time (This seams to be random). They seem to pick your final opponent randomly so you may have to do several tournaments until you get both.

• First to become a true duelist
  • Become a Signer
  • Absolute King of the turbo duel

Step 3: Tis the time to grind/online

Once you beat Jack and Yusei its time to grind out 200 wins; 100 single mode (not matches) and 100 Tag duels and 1 million damage. None this takes a super long time but can become tedious. If you want to save time and effort you can boost these 4 achievements all at the the same time. Get 3 boosting partners friends or people from the achievement trading thread, and set up a single mode tag duel with settings set to private. Invite the party in and have at it. yes this does mean Single mode is not necessarily against the brutal AI, these can be boosted online. 200 wins will be your last achievement as 1 million damage will come early on compared to 200 wins.

• Create a friend!
  • You became a tag duelist
  • Lonely Duelist
  • Friendly Duelist
  • Ultimate Duelist

Conclusion:

If you are at this point hopefully you have got your completion and conquered the insanity that is this game's brutal AI. This game is tough but the challenge starts to diminish as you play more and more and unlock better and better cards. Overall this game is very fun and provides a bit of a challenge to those seeking it. Congratulations on the solid purchase and good luck and "May the heart of the card's be with you!"

Edited by KillerBEA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/-bEDyw==.jpgBecome a Duelist 10 :gsicon:

Play a single player game

Win or lose the achievement unlocks.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/-5AKfg==.jpg First to become a true Duelist 10 :gsicon:

Win a Preliminary Tournament

Preliminary tournament:

If you are about to lose a duel in the tournament you can quit to the main menu and continue; this will start over the duel with the person you are about to lose to. This can become and effective means of studying an opponent's deck if you are losing and it doesn't effect your place in the tournament.

You must duel 3 opponents and you are scored based on how well you duel. I won 2/3 duels one being a perfect and I still didn't have enough points to beat first place. This is going to take some trial and error and abuse of the exit and reload strategy. Easiest way to make sure you advance is to win all 3 duels. Win the first one and if you are about to lose in round 2 quit out and try again. You get to keep your round 1 win but get another shot at the person in round 2. Once you win round 2 move to round 3, keep quitting if you are about to lose so you don't have to start over.

Scoring is used in the event of a tie in the number of wins so if you have 2 wins and the AI has 2 wins whoever has more points will advance. Having 350 points heading into round 3 is a good benchmark.

Scoring breakdown:

• Winning + 100
  • Win match + 50
  • Perfect +10
  • Lifepoints difference (no exact formula)
  • Number of turns +2 per
  • Number of times using spells +2 per
  • Number of times using traps +2 per
  • Synchro summons +4 per
  • Tribute summons +4 per
  • Maximum ATK +1 for every 500 atk points
  • Maxmimum damage reflected +1 for every 100 reflected
  • Cards you forced opp. to discard + 2 per
  • Fill up moster zone +10
  • Fill up magic zone +10
  • Win w/ less than 5 cards in deck left +20
  • Comeback +10
  • Win on opp's turn +10
  • Deck your opp. +20
  • Win w/ no cards in your deck +100
  • Getting an opponents life points to exactly 0 +20
  • Fusion summons +4 per
  • Unused special summons +5 per
  • Win with no more than 1000 life points left +20
  • Win by inflicting battle damage only +10
  • Maximum damage inflicted (not to be confused with reflected) (No exact formula)
  • Unused traps +5 per
  • Unused spells +5 per
  • Win in the first 3 turns +10

Fix any of these are wrong let me know and I will fix it.

Knockout tournament:

This is a bracket style tournament, with Jack or Yusei as your opponent in the finals.

Using the exit and reload option you can edit your deck for you next opponent if you are finding your current deck isn't good enough.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/-nDy7Q==.jpg Become a Signer 10 :gsicon:

Defeat Yusei

Boss monster: Stardust dragon 2500 atk/ 2000 def

-Effect: You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase.

Key to victory: Removal engines and just in general keeping his critters off the field.

Yusei uses a Junk / Synchro Deck, so he will try to spam the field with easy to Special Summon lvl 2 monsters like Giant Germ or Nimble Momomga. Then he'll try to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior with Junk Synchron and those pesky lvl 2 monsters he'll keep spamming. Junk Warrior can get very dangerous if there's still some lvl 2 monsters left on the field when it is summoned, since it gets an attack boost for each of those monsters. He can summon a Junk Warrior with 6000+ ATK, so you'll want to keep his critters at bay. Torrential Tribute and Needle Ceiling work well here for the crowd control. Black Horn of Heaven, Bottomless Trap Hole, Royal Oppression can stop Junk Warrior from being summoned. Yusei can also summon and special summon Junk Synchron quite easily too. He has 3 The Warrior Returning Alive, which he'll use to get his Junk Synchron back from the Graveyard. It's very annoying because with this long reserve of Junk Synchron, he'll keep trying to summon Junk Warrior, or worst, Stardust Dragon. So just be ready, don't waste your Bottomless Trap Hole or Sakuretsu Armor/Widespread Ruin and you should be able to neutralize his strategy!

Cards that I recommend:

• Royal oppression
  • Sakuretsu Armor
  • Torrential Tribute
  • Black horn of heaven
  • Any removal engine

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+9IZFA==.jpgAbsolute King of the Turbo Duel 10 :gsicon:

Defeat Jack

Boss monster: Five headed dragon 5000 atk/ 5000 def

-Effect: The Fusion Materal Monsters for this card are any 5 Dragon-Type monsters. This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This card does not take any Battle Damage and cannot be destroyed by battle with an Earth, Water, Fire, wind or Dark monster. (Battle Damage is still inflicted to players.)

Key to victory: Keeping Future fusion from being played.

Jack uses a very fast Dragon beat down deck' and as such he can be brutal if your strategy takes too long to implement. I noticed that he has very few low level creatures compared to the amount of monsters that require as such he wasn't able to bring out creatures until his 3rd or 4th turn. The main key to success to beating Jack is hit him hard and hit him fast. If you get a monster out for each of your first 3 turns and beat him to playing Future fusion you can 3 turn kill him. In case you aren't able to do this stack some instant magic stomping action like magic jammer and monster crushing traps like bottomless trap hole. If he can use future fusion he can use 1 of 2 combos. 1 being able to summon Five headed dragon which has 5000 atk and def. Having a bottomless trap hole ready for it will save the day. If he is able to throw out 5 dragons for the five headed dragon he will revive them using an assortment of monster effects and magic cards.

Cards I recommend:

• Bottomless Traphole
  • Waboku
  • Magic Jammer
  • Heavy Storm
  • Magic Cylinder

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+jLhhw==.jpgYou have talent! 10 :gsicon:

Save an original Deck Recipe

To get this achievement you need to play a duel to earn a new card then go to the deck editor, and put in one of the cards you got and then save it. Make sure to rename it as well; I rename it after every edit to make sure that I am using my new recipe. When you play against the AI; for every 20 points you score you get a card. So if you win you are auto entitled to 5 cards.

>Deck Building guide<

Edited by KillerBEA

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1432/+BPoMg==.jpgCreate a friend! 10 :gsicon:

Play a Tag Duel

Requires 4 players

This is an online achievement. Play a tag duel all the way through; win or lose it unlocks.

See Friendly duelist for more information regarding tag duels.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+fMQoQ==.jpgYou became a tag Duelist! 10 :gsicon:

Win a Tag Duel for the first time

4 players required.

This is an online achievement. Win your first tag duel.

See Friendly Duelist for more information regarding tag duels.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+tQErw==.jpgBecoming a special Duelist 10 :gsicon:

Win and get a Rare Card

Win your first duel and this unlocks. Keep playing and unlocking cards, don't get discouraged if you keep losing you will eventually get the cards you need to win.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+zT8PA==.jpgViolent Duelist 20 :gsicon:

Inflict at least 1 million total damage

This seems insane but if you win every duel you play it will take a minimum of 125 duels to accumulate 1 million damage. Do to the insane AI you will probably get this way before Lonely Duelist or Friendly Duelist; you will rack up damage from duels regardless if you win or not and duels from multiplayer also count. You will get this with ease if you are going for all the other achievements.

Boosting method: If you want to go out of your way to boost this; I have a strategy for it.

Cards you will need:

Neo-spacian Hummingbird

Mistbody

Summon Hummingbird and equip mistbody to it. On each turn activate hummingbird's ability to recover lifepoints. On you friends turn have him attack hummingbird; since mistbody is active he won't die and your friend deals damage to you, counting towards his 1 million damage. Repeat this until it unlocks or your decks runout.

Having more than one of each in your deck will make them easier to draw and make this easier to get started. I only recommend this if you boost all your win achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+IoR-Q==.jpgLonely Duelist 30 :gsicon:

100 wins in Single Mode

Single mode means not matches. So 1 duel, no best 2 out of 3. You can boost this while going for tag wins as well, just set it to single duel matches and it will count.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+qsYSA==.jpgFriendly Duelist 30 :gsicon:

100 wins in Tag Duel

4 players required.

This is an online achievement. You must win 100 tag duels. If you want to do this legit (non-boosting) you will need co-operation from your teammate as you can set magic and traps for your partner to use and vice-versa. Create strategies together cause on who-ever's turn it is both players can see your hand and you can see their's on their turn. So if its my turn; my partner can see the cards in my hand but not his. When its his turn I can see his hand but I can't see mine. You are playing on the same play mat so even though there are 2 duelists you only have 5 monster spaces and only 5 magic so plan accordingly. You can boost this in custom games; just set the game to private and invite 3 people to boost with.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1432/+0vg2w==.jpgUltimate Duelist 40 :gsicon:

200 wins in any mode

Just win 200 duels can be a mix of tag/singles and single duel/matches. This will most likely be your last achievement for the game.

Edited by KillerBEA

Deck building tips:

• Compostition: A good deck has an even balance between monsters and magic/traps, you generally want the composition of your deck around 50% monster, 25% magic and 25% trap. That way you are not constantly only drawing only one type of card. If the composition was 33% all 3 ways I would always be drawing magic and trap cards almost never monsters to defend yourself with or launch your offensive.
  • Drawing monsters: Only have a maximum of 4 monsters in your deck that require tribute to summon; includes ritual monsters excludes fusion monsters and synchro monsters. This keeps down how often you stuck with a high level creature in your hand versus a card to throw in defense mode and prolong the duel long enough to get the card you need.
  • Power VS the ease of summoning: On a similar note to above take into consideration how strong a monster is versus how hard is it to summon. Ex: Giga Gagagigo has 2450 atk and Elemental Hero Neos has 2500 atk. Neos requires 2 tributes and Gagagigo only requires 1, if I had to choose between which one to stick in my deck I would pick Gagagigo as he is easier to summon and only 50 points weaker. Sure you are taking an ever so slight hit on your attack force but he is easier to summon and can help you out of a tight spot easier then Neos can. I reccomend only using 1 tribute summon monsters unless the card has any easy work around to make summoning it easy. A good example is Blues Eyes white dragon; 2 tributes required 3000 atk and 2500 def. He is hard to summon but has alot of support cards for him, that make summoning him easy. So if I had those cards I would use him in a heart beat.
  • Pick a boss creature; this will be your most powerful card in your deck. My boss creature is Jinzo; he may be a bit weak on attack power compared to other people's boss creatures but his ability to diminish traps is very helpful.
  • Support: A boss creature not only needs to be the most powerful but needs alot of support from the rest of your deck. Ideally I would have machine specific cards for Jinzo to make him stronger and make him survive those tougher battles. Cards like machine production factory increase machine type cards attack stat. But since my deck has very few machines these cards are actually worthless. Cards that are generic in the type that they help are usually the best bet when using mixed decks. A good example is rising energy; it raises my creatures attack stat by 1500 until the end phase. This allows me to use offense defensively or lay a trap for my opponents stronger cards; making them think "Oh its an E-hero Sparkman; my Summoned Skull can take that on" thats when you spring Rising Energy to make Sparkman 600 points stronger.

Cards that are serious suggestions: Across all opponents

Note: Some of these come in the starter deck some don't.

Traps:

• Magic Cylinder
  • Bottomless traphole (get as many as you can in your deck)
  • Magic jammer
  • Cursed Seal of the forbidden spell
  • Mirror force

Magic:

• Swords of Revealing light
  • Monster Reborn
  • Heavy storm
  • Soul exchange

Monster:

• Jinzo
  • Des koala x3
  • D- Hero Defender
  • Neo-spacian hummingbird

Cards to ditch first chance:

• Alien dog (useless in a non-alien deck)
  • Elemental hero Neos (unless you run a pure e-hero + support deck)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by KillerBEA

no online achievements, looks like a pretty simple list for someone who loves playong yu-gi-oh like me :)

I think Tag Duel is online, I can't find a way to play it offline

Oh and Jack is who you play at the end of the first tournament, should be able to beat him and that tournament with the starter deck

To get the create a deck achievement, I just swapped out a few cards went to register recipe and then renamed the deck and it popped when I left the screen. So I think you just need to register a recipe

The deck that you start with, does it suck? I really hate them, wish it was like in the psp, possibility to download save data with all cards and make your deck.

It's not that great, and the AI are pretty damn good, they pull these crazy ass combo's out your ass and you don't get shit to start with. You don't any good cards till you start winning a lot.

I've had more points than CPUs and because they won 3/3 matches they always continue...

If that's true, then that means the points are merely used as a tie breaker and whoever has the best overall score moves on. So say everyone is 2/3... you have the most points, you move on. If you're 3/3 but have the least points, you'll still move on.

I've had more points than CPUs and because they won 3/3 matches they always continue...

I have to second this one.. I just played through another prelim and won 2/3 but had the most points out of everyone and didn't advance... :/ I'm a little disappointed of how good the CPUs are right off the bat..

I guess this is just going to be a long grind to gather cards so I can build my decks. Are you able to get new cards via winning online matches? This may be the best route to go for people looking to rush in a few cards. Not saying win/lose on purpose to get them but for the most part you'll be playing along the same level as everyone else unless of course they've modified their deck a bit with cards they've unlocked already.

I have mad respect for you Killer and I hope you continue with your guide but as of right now the other guide is more polished.
Thanks for the respect, I haven't even looked at Sidedishes guide yet. If you could tell me where things need to be worked on I would appreciate it.

Yusei uses a Junk / Synchro Deck, so he will try to spam the field with easy to Special Summon lvl 2 monsters like Giant Germ or Nimble Momomga. Then he'll try to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior with Junk Synchron and those pesky lvl 2 monsters he'll keep spamming. Junk Warrior can get very dangerous if there's still some lvl 2 monsters left on the field when it is summoned, since it gets an attack boost for each of those monsters. I've seen a Junk Warrior with 6000+ ATK, so you'll want to keep his critter at bay. Torrential Tribute and Needle Ceiling work well here for the crowd control. Black Horn of Heaven, Bottomless Trap Hole, Royal Oppression can stop Junk Warrior from being summoned. Yusei can also summon and special summon Junk Synchron quite easily too. He has 3 The Warrior Returning Alive, which he'll use to get his Junk Synchron back from the Graveyard. It's very annoying because with this long reserve of Junk Synchron, he'll keep trying to summon Junk Warrior, or worst, Stardust Dragon. So just be ready, don't waste your Bottomless Trap Hole or Sakuretsu Armor/Widespread Ruin/Dimensional Prison and you should be able to neutralize his strategy! Good luck!

Edited by Nazka Asmodeus