Star Destroyer Made Easy

Sith Master strategy in post #25 below or: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1189963&posted=1#post1189963

After more than 2 hours last night and an hour tonight I have a strategy that will make this battle easy as cake. This battle is predictable, and after 3 hours VERY boring. The key is having your health and Force bars extended, be able to take more damage (vitality), and force recharge faster. Since defeating the Ties will regain health, use that to your advantage. The biggest problem I had was once I got it 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down, I could never get it back into the right position to pull it down more. So here is how to get around it.

Immediately dash to the left, hide behind the large pillar. Do double jumps and lighting to take out the Ties passing to your left to make the loop around on the left.

As soon as you wipe out the last Tie, grab the destroyer, follow the stick guides and position it so it is facing you head on. As soon as it shows you can pull it down, do so.

Let the Ties make their first pass, keep pulling it down. Once your health starts flashing red, get ready. Take one more hit, then dash left to safety.

Do double jumps and lighting to take out the Ties quickly. Health should be almost restored to full.

Grab the destroyer as soon as you can, pull it all the way to the other side (to the right). Do NOT attempt to pull it down on this round.

Dash to the left, do double jumps and lighting to take out the Ties quickly. If you do it quickly enough, health should be full, and the destroyer should be facing you head on. If not, grab the destroyer take it all the way to the right again, wipe out the ties ASAP. Repeat until health is full and it is facing you head on.

You should be able to get it in position to pull down in under 5 seconds. Do so. Keep pulling that sucker down. Do not worry about the Ties. Right when you think you are going to die, you should get the cut scene and mission accomplished.

This strategy comes from tips from the video on Live, suggestions in other threads here, and about 3 hours of my own path to the dark side with this game. Luckily, no controllers were harmed in the creation of this strategy.

Edited by MCSS Aerocoupe
Typo, link to Master Difficulty

I was having trouble at first took a long time, do it this way as well....

DO NOT NEED TO JUMP! Simply face at an angle towards the part you hide behind. whenever you see the square go on the tie fighter press lightning once. it will blow it up. stay in that position until all die...then

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTROL GUIDE! instead, just face it perfectly straight and perfectly up so the tip faces your screen...after 2 hours of this battle, i finally realzied the programming is very wrong here...

it then took me 15 to 20 mins to beat.

Some great advice this, what should be the greatest moment in the game is kinda ruined by cheap and shoddy controls.

Ignoring the guidance sticks really helps here, cause it takes so long! I think I managed to get it into position and pull it down after 4 waves of TIEs. The trick is to destroy the Ties as quickly as possible, which like me if your not good at Force Grip throwing, can take a while, cause the Destroyer resets its position after too long.

I was having trouble at first took a long time, do it this way as well....

DO NOT NEED TO JUMP! Simply face at an angle towards the part you hide behind. whenever you see the square go on the tie fighter press lightning once. it will blow it up. stay in that position until all die...then

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE CONTROL GUIDE! instead, just face it perfectly straight and perfectly up so the tip faces your screen...after 2 hours of this battle, i finally realzied the programming is very wrong here...

it then took me 15 to 20 mins to beat.

The game is fine. It gives you the correct commands for the first two pulls. You need to work it out yourself for three and four.

Some great advice this, what should be the greatest moment in the game is kinda ruined by cheap and shoddy controls.

Ignoring the guidance sticks really helps here, cause it takes so long! I think I managed to get it into position and pull it down after 4 waves of TIEs. The trick is to destroy the Ties as quickly as possible, which like me if your not good at Force Grip throwing, can take a while, cause the Destroyer resets its position after too long.

Use lightining dude much easier

Tyger7, I found that if I did not jump, I had a 95% chance of hitting the random floating junk, and 5% chance of hitting a Tie. By jumping, the percentages reversed. Also, for the first 2 pulls on the destroyer, the guide works fairly well (also helps you know what position to get it in on future pulls), the 3rd time is when it always fubared on me.

eviltb, did you even read my original post? Sorry, but A. I never said to use the grip/throw on the Ties, and B. By using one grab of the destroyer to take it all the way to the other side, you should have it almost ready to be pulled down by the time you take out the next wave of Ties.

Should also note, this/my strategy worked on my first attempt after thinking of it on Apprentice difficulty. Will update on my next playthrough.

I basically just stayed in the middle the whole time. I jumped, zapped, moved slightly to avoid the blaster fire. Pulled it down about 7 taps until the TIEs started to fire. Repeat. It may take longer than OP, but it's simplistic, i was never hit when i wasn't letting myself get hit for a few more inches, and it wasn't headache inducing.

TBH I never thought that this was that hard once you figure out what you gotta do.

I found the trick is to GRIP the TIE's as they swoop in, if your lucky or quick you can usually grab the first TIE and smack it straight back into the next two (the third one flies into the explosion of the first and second one), then do the same for the 4th one and throw it into the 5th one, then finally chuck the floating chunk at the last one (the tip is push it straight out in front of you, that way when you throw it, it goes at the TIE and not off to the side).

If you do this and it comes off everytime, and your BRAVE on the final wave, you can bring it down in 3 tugs!

Eitherway, this shouldn't take any longer than 5-10 mins (Controls aside).

I read and tried everything suggested in this thread. Here is what I learned:

1) Follow first set of stick directions to where the pull down position is. (ie destroyer is lined up perfectly centered and front tip pointed as high as it will let you)... eventually you won't need these directions as you will know where it needs to be to pull down.

2) Stick to the left and double jump and lightning like a madman until TIEs are gone.

3) Re-align destroyer to pull down position and pull, pull, pull. (Ignoring stick directions now) One your life is down into the red, repeat step 2.

4) Re-align again and pull, pull, pull.

I got her down on the 4th pull.

Remember this: The alignment changes as the TIEs attack, but the height does not. So quickly handle the TIEs and get back to pulling DOWN.

I hope this helps. The directives given in-game make a mess of a great segment of the game. They should have Kota or your droid buddy explain what to do with the destroyer better.

Edited by Steel Prime
spelling

eviltb, did you even read my original post? Sorry, but A. I never said to use the grip/throw on the Ties, and B. By using one grab of the destroyer to take it all the way to the other side, you should have it almost ready to be pulled down by the time you take out the next wave of Ties.

Should also note, this/my strategy worked on my first attempt after thinking of it on Apprentice difficulty. Will update on my next playthrough.

Aye, I did read but only after I had pulled the destroyer down and finished the game, then I came on here and saw your post ;) On my next play through I will use lightning on the Ties for sure.

Sorry but this is a joke, this game was ok at best before i got to the board. Its sad that this board is this screwed up. Next Gen my a$$

Sorry dude but i can not understand a word that you are saying! Please, for the sake of all of us on the forum, use proper english or atleast make sure we understand!

I found that jumping and shocking the TIE fighters works best (I tried the gripping technique but im not the greatest at it). Then pull that MOFO down ;)

Sorry dude but i can not understand a word that you are saying! Please, for the sake of all of us on the forum, use proper english or atleast make sure we understand!

what's not to understand. ask him to type it in all caps. it might help you.

Sorry but this is a joke

My apology good sirs and madams, but this objective of lowering a star destroyer, with the current control scheme and game mechanics, is preposterous

this game was ok at best before i got to the board.

This means of entertainment was just barely acceptable to my personal tastes until I was required to partake in this segment of the interactive experience.

Its sad that this board is this screwed up.

I am greatly disheartened that this segment of the interactive experience is flawed and unbalanced to the point that I am barely able to engage it.

Next Gen my a$$

Industry standards proclaim that the technological standards in this piece are the penultimate, but I greatly disagree and further suggest that it is not even close to modern.

bringing down the destroyer was one of the most frustrating things i've ever done in a video game.

the whole aspect and mini game part of you bringing down the destroyer with the force is a cool concept, but it was way to difficult. Casual gamers, and people who arent big into video games, are going to have a hard time bringing down that bad boy.

I remember the night the game released i got to this mission, and i hada sleep on it, reloaded it the next day and got it on my second try.

The method i used was running to the left side, jumping, force lighting, bringing it closer, and repeating 2 or 3 times.

the first few times i tried this, i thought i was doing something wrong cause more ties kept coming. It's confusing but once you get past this in the game, you definitely feel accomplished

I found that jumping and shocking the TIE fighters works best (I tried the gripping technique but im not the greatest at it). Then pull that MOFO down ;)

I may missed a comma in there, but i was in a rage when i posted it. However i don't think this forum is designed to pick on members ( I dont appeciate it!!!!!) At any rate i have finished this level but this was very frustrating to say the least.

I will add that Fruhmann360 post was very funny.. ha ha..

Edited by bones56

The thing that confused me, was that I thought you had to pull it right down in one go. I thought that if you didn't pull it all the way down, it reset to the very beginning again. Once I realised you could do more than one pull, I found it very very easy, if a little time consuming.

And yeah, double jump at the very left/right with sith lightning was the easiest way to destroy the ties.

Personally, I think it would've been more balanced if they limited it to 5 waves of Ties. After that you should be free to pull it down.

This is for Sith Master difficulty (hardest difficulty), Cliff Note Version first, additional details last.

What you need:

Max health bar

Max damage taken

Max force bar

Max force recharge speed

Max (min) force recharge delay

Max force lightning

Tactics:

1. Take out Ties ASAP

2. Grip destroyer, point it up all the way, and to opposite side of where it was, hold until next wave of Ties is about to fire on you. Do not pull it down at all on this grip.

3. Take out Ties ASAP

4. Grip destroyer (should be almost in position to pull down), follow control stick guide, pull down. Take 2-3 hits by the next wave of ties before releasing.

5. Repeate steps 1-4. Cross fingers you bring it down before the next wave of Ties hits you 2-3 times.

Additional info:

With max health and damage taken, you can get hit 3 times by the Ties, hit #4 = death.

By taking down 2 waves of Ties between the rounds of pulling the destroyer down, your health will recharge more (hopefully to full) before you start the second pull. You can always position it an extra time, to get more health from a third wave of Ties if you want.

With max force bar, force recharge, lightning, and reduced delay in recharging force, you should be able to take all of the Ties out on their first pass by you (left or right side). One quick jolt will cause the Tie to fall from the sky and crash. If successful, the destroyer will be about half way back to where it wants to go (so almost head on at you) if you took it all the way up and to the opposite side of where it wants to go.

The control stick guides work fine, but only for the first two times you pull the destroyer, regardless of how much you pull it each time, or how many times you grip it and reposition it. If you cannot bring it all the way down on the second pull, you can either attempt to line it up without the guides, or let yourself be killed. By gripping it and positioning it to the opposite direction before each pull, you will have the maximum amount of time to pull it down (hopefully no time needed to line it up before pulling).

If you miss a Tie and the destroyer is too far from being head-on when you grip it (and was going to pull it down), just reposition it back to the top corner and try to take the next wave of Ties out faster so you have more time to pull it down.

Personally I find dashing left (behind a podium) and double jumping up as the Ties make a pass make it easier and faster to take them out. When I shoot lighting from the ground or a single jump, I always hit the random debris floating by. When double jumping, you are closer to the Ties than the junk, and stand a better chance of hitting them.

On Apprentice, you can position and pull it on your first grip. On Master, you must position it on first grip, pull on second (if you take the Ties out fast enough).

I did it this morning on my third try on Master difficulty; first was to see how much damage I could take, second I accidentally pulled a little the first time I gripped it, third I did it on the second pull just before the first Tie blast hit me.