Tactical Challenges Guide

Unr3quit3d

CHALLENGE 1:

This is, if you don’t use cover efficiently, one of the harder challenges to complete

WAVE 1:

Straight from the get to boost to the far right hand side where you can see the basic troops spawning, after vaulting over the first cover wall blocking your path lob a grenade directly over to the spawning point, this is eliminate all inital RI's. Continue running forward and you'll imediately see another 'energy spark' indicating another spawn wave, so lob another grenade into the centre of this and it will eliminate the spawning RI's, and do so for the next wave, then quickly run and pick up the frag grenades ahead of you to replenish your grenade stock. After these three intial spawns are destroyed you'll move onto Wave 2

WAVE 2:

Straight after collecting your grenades boost back towards the starting point, before you get there you'll see a Romanov spawn directly infront of your path, boost up to it and use the Shotgun as it's most effective against these mobs, empty the magizine and if need be, finish it off with a melee attack (Hide behind the crates infront you to regain your 'stamina' if you melee it). To your right you'll see another Romanov and repeat this process, boost up to it and shotgun (+ melee if needed), and do so for the one on the other side of the map. This will complete Wave 2.

WAVE 3:

After defeating the 3rd Romanov on the opposite side of map in relation to the starting point, boost back and collect the Shotgun ammunition. This wave consists of 3 (or 4) Flame throwing Romanov and the Yellow Grenade throwing RI's. When this wave begins, hide in the crevasse behind the starting point which contains the 2 Frag and 2 EMP ammo stocks. The the left of this position 2 of the Romanov will spawn, throw a frag grenade as this will take down a 1/4 of their health. As these are the flame throwers they have little range bar thier one hit which you can easily dodge, the easiest way is to wait for the 2 Romanov to come to you then EMP then and shotgun them both, run to the left and take out any of the grenade throwers with the HMG as it's the most effective. To the right of the spawn point there will be another Romanov, boost to him and shotgun him.

Continue to wipe out the remaining grenadiers with the HMG but try to stay on the original spawn point side. Before you kill the last grenadier, replace your shotgun with the Sniper rifle.

WAVE 4:

This wave consists of 3 Romanov and 3 of the 'Walkers', the easiest way to complete this Wave (And give you a major advantage in Wave 5) is to hide behind the crates in the very far back left corner of the map, from here you can see 1 Walker + Romanov to your right and the rest ahead of you on the other side of the map. To take care of the Walkers, use the bullet time function to take out the operators without damaging the Walker itself, take out the one on the right first then the two in front of you. This will leave them operational but no threat. From your currently position proceed to use the HMG to long range kill the Romanov on the right then boost towards where you killed him, picking up the HMG ammo and repacing the Sniper with the RPG stocked against the wall on the way. You can then use the Walker on the right, which is extremely powerful to take out the remaining 2 Romanov, but make sure you walk towards them as you're shooting because Wave 5 Spawns on the original spawn point.

WAVE 5 (FINAL):

Wave 5 consists of 2 Romanov and 1 Bogey

Use the 2 unattended Walkers to take out the 2 Romanov's with ease, and try to damage the Bogey as much as you can, he will randomly let out an EMP burst which will render the Walkker you're in useless, so jump in the other and do as much damage as possible.

The key to killing the Bogey without dying is using the manually activated bullet time functionality effectively, use it to target and damage him with the Rockets but make sure you don't completely deplete your stamina as you'll be a slow defenceless target. Once your rockets are gone, use your HMG to damage him as much as possible and avoiding his attacks using crates and dodging. When he comes to melee you wait till the last second to dodge, throw an EMP, use your bullet time and lay into him with the HMG, making sure to keep with pinned with additional EMP grenades, and with enough luck he'll go down.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHALLENGE 2:

One of (If not the) easiest challenge to complete

NOTE: During this challenge a lot of upgrades drop, grab the Rocket Launcher from the right hand side and you can use this for when you get in a bind (4 Upgrades = 15 Rockets)

WAVE 1:

Wave 1 consists of multiple standard RI’s throughout the entire map,

Snipers taking high ground around the perimeter and 2 turrets, 1 to the right of spawn and 1 ahead.

Basically use the reflex ability as much as possible without overheating your suit,

Start by going directly right from the spawn and taking out the few guys in-front of you and the turret to stop it firing at you and destroying your shield, also take out the snipers overhead.

Wave 1 is very easy as long as you take cover and use the reflex to take out the snipers before they take you out (2 shots by them and you’re dead)

WAVE 2:

Wave 2 consists of 2 Walkers, 1 Romanov a few Yellow Grenadiers and standard RI’s

This wave can be taken out very quickly,

As the wave begins boost of the right hand side and use the crate where the turret is as cover.

Then use the reflex ability to take out the 2 drivers (4 total) on the Walkers

This gives you 2 useable vehicle, use 1 to eliminate the Romanov with ease and as many RI’s as you can with the available ammunition left, when exhausted proceed to kill the rest with the HMG (Can use the shotgun if you’re in CQC) taking care to avoid the grenades.

WAVE 3:

Is another very easy Wave as long as you do it correctly.

It consists of Ball Turrets and Flying RI’s

The flying RI’s can cause you a bit of grief if you allow them to land,

So use your trusty EMP grenade to dispatch them quickly and effiecently,

And flying RI’s that are caught in the EMP blast will die immediately.

Ball turrets are easily dispatched with a quick shotgun blast to their exposed head (1 hit kill)

(Use reflex, if they’re close shot them and they pop open)

WAVE 4:

Wave 4 consists of a transport ship, 2 Romanovs and standard + grenadier RI’s

At this point you should still have a functioning Walker at your disposal

Use it to eliminate the Romanovs and transport vehicle with ease.

And use cover effectively to wipe out the remaining RI’s

WAVE 5 (FINAL):

Wave 4 consists of a BIA (Scorpion / Bipedal transformer looking thing)

And standard + grenadier RI’s

If done correctly, at this stage the turret that was opposite the original spawn point should still be operational, use this to dispatch the BIA (Or at least most of its health) and utilise the rocket launcher to finish off the job. If you have any spare ammunition for the rocket launcher feel free to use it to kill the remaining RI’s.

Edited by Unr3quit3d

CHALLENGE 3:

WAVE 1:

Wave 1 consists of 1 Flying Turret, 1 mounted turret, Ball Turrets and “Ninja” RI’s

As soon as you spawn directly ahead will be a flying turret, take him out straight away

( I like to use the HMG, but the regular assault rifle works fine too)

Initially the ball turrets will stay close to where they spawn,

So you only have to really worry about the Ninja’s

These things are CQC only, they melee and have shotguns equipped,

The trick with these mobs is to reflex close to them and on their chest is a green glow

(I assume that it’s their power core or something similar) you shotgun this for a 1-hit kill

If you aim at their limbs it’ll be a 2-3 hit kill, so aim for the green centre

Sometime you might get a little overwhelmed due to the fact you’re not killing them fat enough you can fall back to the right hand side of the original spawn point and to the right of the ramp is a pillar which you can hide behind which bottlenecks the opponent so only 1 can get to you at a time.

Soon enough the ball turrets will join the firefight and the trick is to shotgun their head,

(Every now and then they’ll drop an upgrade, for this challenge I like to upgrade the shotgun)

After all the moving enemies are destroyed venture out of the spawn point a little and to the right is a mounted turret which is easily dispatched with a few carefully placed shots. Then drop back into the spawning area

WAVE 2:

Wave 2 is comprised of 3 Walkers and Ninja RI’s and a few Grenadiers

Same thing as Wave 1, dispatch the Ninja’s with shotgun blasts to the chest,

When you see the walkers are getting close and they turn so the drivers are exposed use the reflex ability to take out the drivers from the walkers (I like to eliminate the enemies but leave one or two mobs so I can transport the Walkers back to spawn so they’re close and don’t get damaged)

WAVE 3:

Wave 3 consists of 3 Romanov (The drillers) + Ninja / Grenadier RI’s

WAVE 4:

WAVE 5 (FINAL):

Edited by Unr3quit3d

CHALLENGE 4:

This one gives most people a fair bit of angst and trouble

WAVE 1:

This wave consists of approimately 10 Ninja RI's and 2 Flame Romanovs

From the start the Ninja's will try and zerg you, stay in the spawn area and when they get within a few feet of you activate the reflex mode and use the shotgun to kill them with 1 hit

(Again, aim for the head/green power core for optimal damage)

The 2 Romanov's will probably reach you before you eliminate all the Ninja RI's so boost over towards the Green Forcefield to give you ample space to dispose of the rest.

(One will drop shotgun ammo, be sure to pick it up)

The Romanov's are quite easy, because they're flame, if you shotgun thier fuel tank they explode for a 1-hit kill so try boosting behind them and attacking their storage tank on their backs.

If you find that you can't get behind them, just use the shotgun to kill them

(5 shells + a few HMG rounds will take each one down)

WAVE 2:

Before this round begins you want to exchange your Assault Rifle with the LEF gun near the green forcefield and wait against the rock at the barrier.

This round consists of 3 Romanov's + Yellow Grenadiers and Exploding Spider RI's.

You'll see 2 energy sparks alerting you that enemies are spawning in front of you,

The one to the right is the exploding spiders and the one on the left (Edge of map) is the grenadiers.

The spiders will spawn first and you'll want to use the LEF gun to kill them all in one quick go,

Then throw and EMP + Frag into the spawn point of the grenadiers and use the reflex mode to pick off any straglers usings the HMG.

At this point you've basically left with the Romanov's and it's time for some guerilla warfare,

They basically don't move from their poisitions and the rock face will protect you against all missiles,

So you want to you the reflex mode to jump around the corner and lay into the closest one with the HMG, try to aim for the head for greatest damage, then kill the one on the hill over the other side of the map. Every now and then a Grenadier that spawned on the other side of the map will come to attack you, but on their own they're easily dealt with.

For the last Romanov you're probably out of HMG bullets,

So boost in and kill it with the Shotgun

Then go back to the newly opened entrance and grab your Assault Rifle + HMG ammo

WAVE 3:

Wave 3 consists of standard RI's, 1 flying turret and an Unknown

The standards and flying turret come first from behind the ridge, just take cover and pick them off the Assault Rifle from the starting position then wait for the Unknown to come to you.

Initially you can't do much damage to the Unknown,

You want to wait for it to show it's Red Core then Reflex and use your HMG to blast it

Continue this process while avoiding it's lasers and bullet fire

If it gets a little too close for your liking you can boost along the ridge on the right hand side to avoid it, also at about half health the core will detach from the body, use the reflex to pummel it with the HMG and use an EMP grenade to stun it further, you can kill it then and there

It's an easy boss to avoid and kill as long as you have decent aim

NOTE: In the top right hand corner there are EMP grenades,

Make sure you restock these BEFORE moving to the Wave 4 zone.

WAVE 4:

This wave consists of flying RI's, a few standard RI's and a Saw Tank

When you come into this zone you'll see a tree on the left you want to take cover straight away behind this tree and you'll see the enemies spawn.

Wait for the flying RI's to get a little closer then throw and EMP in their direction,

This will instantly kill all the flying RI's and save yourself a lot of work.

Now you've just got to deal with the tank,

Throw an EMP grenade at the tank and boost behind it, taking out the standard RI's on the way,

Then fire into the Red Booster/Core on the back of the tank with the HMG,

It takes about 2 full Reflex's to kill the tank so be sure to take cover in the interim,

But beware, the cover is destructable, so use it sparingly!

Swap your Assault Rifle for the Rocket Launcher and prepare yourself for Wave 5

WAVE 5 (FINAL):

2 Rocket and 1 Flame Thrower Romanov, a few Ninjas and a Crystal Viper

The real danger in this battle is the range of the Rocket Romanov's

The Flame guy has no range and his flame cannot kill you, only take your shield down

And the Viper is slow, you can hear him running when he's behind you and about to slash at you so be prepared to press 'X'

I brought in my HMG, Rockets and shotgun.

The trick is to use ACS reflex to fire off 2 Rockets + a few HMG rounds to finish off one rocket guy first, which directly to the left of the spawn. (Ninja's come just shotgun them)

You can then take down the other by boosting up to it and laying 5 shotgun rounds into it which will destroy it and each fire knocks it back so it can't attack you,

Next go for the Flame, the trick with this guy is to shoot his tank on his back,

A close range direct shot with the shotgun will explode his tank and kill him 1 hit

Viper is the easiest 'boss' to defeat when done right,

You can kill him without a single shot.

First of all, never stand still when he's around hold 'A' to be constantly dodging,

This way he can't phase in an slice you,

Also if you see him running with his blade out, stop and wait for him and just press 'X'

You'll go into like a miniscene where he slaskes and you stop the blade with your gun and you beat him down not only does this take about 1/12 of his health down, it also leaves him vulnerable on the ground for a brief period so use the HMG + Reflex to lay into him and you'll be able to take his health down 1/4 - 1/3 per time.

Edited by Unr3quit3d

In the process of finishing the guide

Challeges 1-5 (All waves) and Challenge 6 (1 + 2) Should be up by tonight

Please note, this is how I did it,

*Completed Challenge 1,2,3,4,5*

It may not be the easiest way, but it gets the job done :3

Any additional hints / tips, especially for Challenge 6 is welcome

^_____________^

Unr3quit3d

CHALLENGE 4:

This one gives most people a fair bit of angst and trouble

WAVE 5 (FINAL):

2 Rocket and 1 Flame Thrower Romanov, a few Ninjas and a Crystal Viper

Thanks so much for the tips. I was didn't touching the game for two days, but today beat the final round from first try. :)

Challenge 6...hmmm, made it to round 3 from 1st try then died thanks to one spawn circle lol. Looks pretty doable so far and the area is gigantic compared to ch4 round5 (which is big, big plus). :)

And one more thing - cigarettes are life saver on these challenges. When you get critical hit, take cover and smoke one to distract the bastards. Works most of the times.

Edited by sepulturas666

omg luv u Unr3quit3d

Even with ur guide, i cant count the times i died, so i dont even wanna imagine what it would have been without.

I just beat challenge 4, after dying numerous times with the unknown destroying me with his grip when a rock or something would block my evades, or the viper that would 2-hit me even tough I was holding A (wth?). Very lucky aint I ? Anyway, my success run was thx to a glitch, the unknown, once into piece, would not become complete again, some pieces were stuck behind a cover (lolz), the last rocket romanov got one-hit by my last rocket (sweet), and that time I used an emp on the viper after he hit me once so he wouldnt get another lucky second hit on me. Omg it feels so great to succeed !

LUV U ! THX <3

That said, I dont use shotgun on fire romanovs, it's a pain to get behind them, I just use HMG with reflex and fire over the head, where u can see the backpack sticking out. Same effect, they explode, but I stay at safe distance.

Challenge 4 Wave 5 is such a bitch... Just had only 1 Romanov and Crystal Viper left and bam dead -_-

im doing what the guide says, but when the first romanov and the two flying RIs are down, the problems begin :/

the flame throw guy kills my shield, crystal viper rushes in(sometimes before the flamethrow guy kills my shield but thats rare...), and the 2nd romanov shoots nonstop with his gatling and rockets. i mean COME ONE THATS RETARDED. without the flamethrow guy it would be ok, but oh gawd hes so annoying...

Its damn frustrating when u can do the other 4 waves with ease and then ALWAYS die at wave 5 -____-

Edited by WaKK0r

Challenge 4 Wave 5 is such a bitch... Just had only 1 Romanov and Crystal Viper left and bam dead -_-

im doing what the guide says, but when the first romanov and the two flying RIs are down, the problems begin :/

the flame throw guy kills my shield, crystal viper rushes in(sometimes before the flamethrow guy kills my shield but thats rare...), and the 2nd romanov shoots nonstop with his gatling and rockets. i mean COME ONE THATS RETARDED. without the flamethrow guy it would be ok, but oh gawd hes so annoying...

Its damn frustrating when u can do the other 4 waves with ease and then ALWAYS die at wave 5 -____-

I feel your pain. The same crap is happening to me as well. I cant stand having to redo the first four waves just to die within a few minutes of wave 5. I gave up last night after 15 attempts.

Kill the rocket romanov on the left: Check

Blast 2 Ninja RI's with the shotgun: Check

Get pelted by other Ninja RI, Rocket Romanov, Flamer Romanov, and Crystal Viper: Check, Mother Fuckers!!

I feel both your pain! i too get rid of the rocket romanov and the ninjas, but then i find myself with little ARS energy left and all kinds of stuff attacking me with no cover or anywhere to hide! i guess i should watch a video

also why is the shotgun recommended for those ninja guys? it never one-shots them for me, i find they go down much quicker with the assault rifle to the head

An alternate strategy for Challenge 4 Wave 5 is to boost as fast as you can to the other side of the area and EMP the viper and 2 Ninja RI's when they spawn. Kill the Ninja RI's ASAP and the Rocket Romanov should be spawned. Now use 2 rockets to take him down easily and start boosting over to the flame romanov, he should still be on the other side of the map if you did this fast enough, go ahead and shoot your last rocket at him and bthen finish him off with your shotgun. The flame Romanov should drop an upgrade go ahead and pick it up with your rockets and finish off the last romanov. after that last romanov is gone it's a simple crystal viper fight.

I used the Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, and Assault Rifle for this. The AR had 1 upgrade coming in and the shotgun had 2.

Greetings everyone, I'm new here but having completed challenge 6 tonight I felt like I had to thank you all for the info posted on the site, it's been a real pain and it would have been impossible without you :rock

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I find wave 3 of challenge 6 much easier using the Disc Thrower. If aimed right at the neck of a Romanov, it will behead it in one single disc! This way that wave becomes really easy (and funny as well, seeing 4 Romanovs running around punching air or each other has no price :p ).

As for the rest of the waves, well... it's just a matter of correctly boost cancelling and learning by heart where the enemies spawn and what they do, then it becomes a matter of not being put into critical state by that damn giant laser shot by the red Bogey :mad:.

Good luck to anyone who's going to try it or that is still trying! Don't give up and you'll be rewarded by HUGE satisfaction for getting one of the most challenging 50g!

Just for the record, and since there's no achievement guide yet, there's a total number of 6 challenges, each consists of 5 waves, and you can't change the difficulty settings, right?

I like them a lot so far... Too bad that you have to beat all 5 waves in one sitting, requires a bit too much planning IMO, I reached wave 5 of the 1st challenge but ran out of ideas and ammo versus the boss lol.

It seems that melee attacks are the most advanced / devastating technique in your arsenal of moves, but the system behind them is very complex - it's a great risk vs reward mechanic, though.

thax for Unr3quit3d for this guide...but imo it needs a very coooool guy to not be angry and in a state of "wanna break this MF$%$% box :D "

i wanna ask abt 2 things..how can i reduce this difficulty or i cant even from options..?!

second, when i complete challenge 6 should i get only the ach. or there's another award (avatar item, profile pic, etc...)..?!